Fit Moms for Life: How to Have Endless Energy to Outplay your Kids: Book Review & Giveaway with a $15 iTunes Gift Card Giveaway!
by Dustin Maher, America's Trainer to MomsDustin's new book, Fit Moms For Life chronicles the successes of 31 mothers who used Dustin’s fitness and weight loss program with stellar successes. Armed with personal stories with before and after photos, Dustin takes the reader through the five pillars of fitness: Mindset, Nutrition, Strength Training, Burst Training, and Environment. Ultimately leading to the end goal: Staying Fit for Life. Fit Moms for Life is perfect for Mothers (and women in general) who want a fitness program that works. Dustin Maher says:
- Traditional Cardio Doesn’t Lose Fat
- You Can’t Work Out to Compensate for Poor Eating
- See Results 9 Times Faster With Burst Training
- Learn ONE Exercise That Shrinks a Waistline WITHOUT diet changes
- Burn Fat While You Sleep
- A Healthy Environment Equals A More Fit Family
Review by Mom Does Reviews:Fit Moms for Life: How to Have Endless Energy to Outplay Your Kids seems like the most fun and logical way for moms to get in shape. The whole book is based on common sense and tested theories. There are so many success stories throughout the book. After reading it I felt ready to jump up and start exercising. The whole concept is a positive approach to getting the "old me" back after having kids, health problems, emotional problems and more. My favorite chapter in the book is Chapter 5: Food as Fuel. The 16 Rules to Eat By made me rethink my whole grocery shopping experience, cooking style and menu planning. My favorite rule, #13, Give yourself 2 to 3 cheat meals a week, really sold me on Dustin's Fit Moms experience. If you know you can indulge and have pizza and a greasy cheeseburger, you will be more likely to stick to your diet the other 33 meals that week. Often times after I splurge on one "bad meal," I get discouraged and don't go back to my diet. I am punishing myself for not having willpower to Just Say No to that huge ice cream sundae. Knowing its OK to cheat occasionally makes the program more realistic for me and many other moms! The New Rules of Cardio chapter was also a winner! The whole concept of cutting out that 30 minutes on the treadmill or elliptical was the best news I've heard all day. I love the idea of doing Burst Training. You would do high impact or high intensity training for 10 secs to 1 minutes (like climbing the stairs, swimming, jumping jacks, even laying on the floor throwing a tantrum) then you let your body recover. At first your rest period is 4 times as long as the work period, but as you get fitter, you can cut the ratio down until you are doing 30 seconds on 30 seconds off. This raises the heart rate and burns more calories than spending hours burning a low number of calories. Other things I loved about Fit Moms for Life:
- This book was written for moms, not overweight middle-aged men. It relates everything to mom-type activities. It makes the book so much easier to relate to.
- We learn to change our minds first in order to change our bodies! Put yourself first, believe change is possible, get rid of negative influences and practice positive thinking are areas that mom's tend to put away when they have children. It's hard to take time for yourself, but it's so important.
- There is a workbook/journal section for documenting your journey. Nothing helps you stick to you goals more than putting it in writing. Having a place to put your beginning and before pictures and measurements will help you see what you can and have accomplished.
- There is a chapter dealing with creating a fit atmosphere for your whole family. My son needs a more active lifestyle! He learns to be a TV, computer and gaming boy by watching his parents. I need to take Dustin's advice and Keep Moving!
- The book includes FREE Bonuses! Who doesn't love getting things for free? There are 2 video series, an audio Flat Stomach Coaching Series and downloadable report on How to Make this your Fittest Year Ever.
- Dustin's Blog is a wealth of information. It highlights success stories, boot camps, Mama tones, supplements and more. Visit his blog here.
The Giveaway:One lucky winner will win Dustin's Fit Moms for Life and a $15 gift card to iTunes! Get fit and get tunes - all in one giveaway! Giveaway ends 3/27 at 12:01am. Giveaway is open to US only. Enter on the easy Rafflecopter below. Disclosure: I received this book for review purposes, I was not given any monetary compensation. I only recommend products that are good for my readers. All opinions are my own.
~Pam from Mom Does Reviews
IF YOU CAN'T SEE THE RAFFLECOPTER FORM CLICK ON READ MORE
a Rafflecopter giveaway